I'm not good enough...

Bookmark and Share
Hi Amy,
He contacted makes on a jack adoption roughly 2 weeks Russell for me and my wife. Informed that shortly after we looked not for now. The reason was that we had found another jack russel a local kennel. It is 1 and 5 months and the thing more cute and very relaxed. Unfortunately had problems from the outset.
It kept him in a barn with other dogs, so was never put on a leash or House broken. We are working with him in both people and has become a little better. The main concern is that you cannot use people. He will not come near of me or my wife and that he has not obtained better.
I am contacting you because we cannot keep. He won't play with our current dog and is afraid to play with us. We love they take it training classes but do not have time or money (we are currently building a home) as we thought getting a puppy could not save us from this. Did not know whether they are located in one of their foster homes? I know jack russels has been raising for a while and perhaps you can help him adapt better then, we could now.
Contact me when you can. Thank you.

My response:

As you bought your sound from a Puppy Mill dog... puppy mills are often farms, 90% of the time of the Amish. Dogs often live in a barn with little or no contact human, usually in small wire cages, they are not well socialized and are used for anything else, then, to have babies and earn the farmer. If you are not familiar with puppy mills can be www.stoppuppymills.org

Puppy mill dogs take much time, patience. Lucky for the dog got him out of there...

If I am wrong and the place you dog was a legitimate breeder or a rescue then my suggestion is to contact them, if they are legitimate to make the dog.

With that said, dogs we take in our rescue are shelters kill Ohio, dogs that we are either going to die or go home with us. Currently have a list of more than 8 JRT scheduled to be killed in Ohio shelters (that we know of) and not open foster homes. There are 4 million dogs in the United States are put to sleep each year due to the fact that there are not enough homes. For this reason we do not take in dogs of owner surrender, it wouldn't be just for the dog or dogs die b/c, a dog was not in danger of being killed is occupy space in a foster home. Not to mention it is a guarantee that a puppy mill dog will be in our rescue for at least a year.

More, then much like giving suggestions and tips on how to work with the dog, but I regret to say it will be a long process and will take hard work and dedication.

Seriously I don't mind helping people out, but for me his email was a giant slap. If they were to be an adopter approved to my rescue, we have worked with him and his wife to try to find a good match but people are not patient and rush things and this is what happens. Part of me feels bad for them because they were probably totally reuse but another part of me wants to say fails it!
original article here

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment