The importance of keeping in touch

Bookmark and Share
rescue others rescue people no, my foster care, my friends and perhaps even my adoptive parents might think I am crazy to keep in touch and making sure that I stay with all the people who adopted me. I have rescue friends who say "How have time?" Don't do time and the larger my rescue grows and the dogs more do, I realize I have to find volunteers who help me but is very important to keep in touch with families who have adopted the dogs I have.

WHY? I am sure that ask us to. Well many reasons, want to make sure that people who adopt me know that they can come to me for advice from dog when necessary. Helps me to learn and how sure I am that they match people and dogs up correctly. If you just adopt a dog and never to return people to talk about how I will know if I did a good job, a job ok or a bad job of placing that dog and if I do not know how can I improve? How can I learn to be better at matching people and dogs?

The other reason is because I really care about of each dog to place and I want to make sure they are safe and do not end once more homeless. I keep in touch can 100% guarantee me prevented that two dogs either or put to sleep or in the streets.

Daphne this sweet scared little white dog and Lisa (a home) black and I have placed at the beginning of 2007. The couple was very nice, young people and it had only been married. The wife had a son from a previous relationship, I believe it was 9 years old. The dog was actually that his dog... 2007 and 2008, everything went great with the dog. Then when sent my puppy party e-vites returned to the email. I sent a mail letter that they get to me. Right around Christmas 2009 mother came to me. E-mail I had for her was his email work, and she had left because there was a baby and the couple moved to a new House. At that time said her husband since didn't Daphne and she is happy to receive my letter because she had hoped to return might consider Daphne.

A short long history has returned Daphne and after gathering more women. I think that her husband was being abusive towards the dog and the husband was also postponed a bit by the child that the boy was not yours. The husband was daily threatening the wife and boy going to "get rid" of the dog.

SERIOUSLY! You imagine if I had not been of stayed in contact? It is Daphne I love love love that dog. The adoptive home how originally had a host is to keep you forever and I love to go there because Daphne jump all over me and is so happy and me Lame. I love that dog. Almost makes me weep to think, she would be dead or Dios know what it is right now.

Another example is my welcome. I love that dog also... well, Yes, everything that I love them all... LOL! But seriously I wanted to keep the welcome. It is a cool dog. He had been in contact send a Christmas card each year to his family and the sending of e-vite for the puppy game every year. They were not all that interested in keeping in touch with me but kept in touch, anyway.

November I thought it was I got a random email of the owner of welcome women. She was contact me first because she again me worried much welcome and they wanted to see if I take her back. She said "Splash has changed and I will already be necessary that you take your back or I will be getting to sleep or take it to a shelter" WHAT?! OH no, no! It was my reaction in my head.

Send an email back and said what is going on? She gave me a shit of Toro and excuses story. She said she was contact me because he had kept in touch and she knew I liked Splash. Well firstly Lady, signed by what you have to give back. I am not saying this but wanted to.

Length of the short story, went back Splash, she is totally Mrs story was bull shit and the truth was took Splash to the vet and was fully deceived by the veterinary accused up his almost $400 for a routine control and vaccines and Hubby who never wanted the dog first got pissed and said dogs GOT TO GO! Possess a lady, tell the truth and do not constitute lies. UGH!

Now imagine what would have happened to Splash, if I had not been in contact? She would be sitting in a refuge somewhere, afraid, alone... DEAD by now, it is a black dog and we all know those are the last adopted and killed the first.

My rant today is because people might think I'm stupid, crazy, ridiculous or on the top to make sure I keep in touch with all my adoptive parents and if their emails rebound, the floor, they send letters to do what I need to get an answer but honestly if it wasn't for me making this Splash and Daphne would be where? is it dead? could you be suffering? Who knows!

And these are just two recent examples... I have more examples, but these two are probably the most extreme b/c those dogs were adopted four years ago.
original article here

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment